· Please note that a visa does NOT guarantee entry in Belize, it is at the immigration officer’s discretion to allow entry into the country
· Please allow ample time to apply for a visa before travelling. The processing of visas may take minimum of ONE (1) month
· All visitors must travel to Belize on a valid passport (non expired). The passport must be valid for no less than six months after the intended period of stay in Belize
· Any person who is the holder of a valid United State of America (USA) Multiple entry visa or permanent Residency Card or a valid Schengen multiple entry visa.
· Citizens of the European Union Member State (EU) and their dependent territories
· Citizens of Caribbean Community Member States (CARICOM) with the exception of Haiti
· Citizen of the United States of America and dependent territories
· Citizen of South American countries
· Citizens of South Africa, Tunisia, Morocco, Ghana, Gambia, Senegal
· Citizens of Switzerland, Norway, Iceland
· Citizens of the Commonwealth Republics with the exception of the following: Bangladesh, Nauru, Cameroon, Pakistan, Chad, Sri Lanka, India, Mozambique and Nigeria
In order to stay longer than 30days as a tourist (not for paid or unpaid work) extension of stay application must be submitted whilst in Belize at any of the immigration offices. It is important to submit an application at least 2-3 days before the 30 days period expires. This incurs a fee of BZ$100. Visas for work, both paid and unpaid, are only issued in Belize. The final determination of status of the visa application lies on the Visa Vetting Committee (VVC) of the Belize Immigration Department.
Statutory instrument N42 or 2005 - Section 4(2) provides a variation in fees for some national including holders of diplomatic and official passports. Generally the visa fee is as follows:
*Single Entry (Valid for 3 months from the date of issuance): $100
*Multiple Entry (Valid for 6 months from the date of issuance): $150
*Visa fees are Non-Refundable
Application can be made in person. NOTE: An electronic copy of your application and all support documents MUST ALSO be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Each individual, Regardless of age, must make a separate application. Completed application and supporting documents should be sent to the attention of the Consular Secretary. All applicants will be notified once a decision has been made.
For all nationals who do not require visa to enter Belize in order to stay longer that 30 days an applications for the extension of stay MUST be submitted IN PERSON at any of the immigration Office in Belize. The applicant should have accompanied with his or her application ALL-relevant supporting documents listed on the visa requirements list.
Click the button below to download the visa
requirements documents. (PDF)
Click the button below to download the visa
requirements form. (PDF)
NOTE: Nigerian Nationals require clearance from Belize Immigration Department
Please note that all documents MUST be submitted in English and must undergo a visa vetting process. Therefore, the processing of visa could take up to 4 weeks or more, with this in mind please allow ample time to make your travel plans.
The following documents MUST accompany the visa application form when submitted to the Consulate Of Belize Abuja.
· Completed application form
· Data page of your International passport with at least 6 months validity prior to time of your travel
· 1 recent passport sized photographs measuring 2 inches x 2 inches
· Proof of Travel arrangement: valid flight booking and travel itinerary
· Proof of Accommodation: hotel confirmation or full contact details of host in Belize
· Proof of Financial Means: copies of most recent bank statements, or if your are travelling for business a letter from your financial officer
· Letter of Reference from employer or current educational establishment
· Letter of Invitation from host: family and friends in Belize must show clear connection with applicant and include a copy of their passport or Social Security Card, or for business and official visits a letter of invitations on Letter headed paper from host is Required
· Fee: Single visa fee is $100 and a Multiple Entry visa is $150 and $50 for due deligence / verification fee. The Consulate may require on a case by case basis, A recent police clearence certificate.
All Nigerian citizens must have a Nigerian passport valid for the duration of their visit to Belize.